Author Topic: Short Ash Board Bow  (Read 2020 times)

Offline DLH

Short Ash Board Bow
« on: June 08, 2012, 04:50:52 pm »
I started this a while ago just never got around to finishing up until last weekend posted a picture of the board a long time ago I think Jawge suggested cutting about a foot off it it so thats what I did. I glued on some lined as well hoping it would help hold it together. I used a tillering gizmo to help me along which is a fantastic tool highly recommend it helped a new guy like me for sure. Its around 50 1/4" ntn and it is drawn to 22in @45ish I am contemplating whether to strecth out the draw some more or not but leaning towards staying where its only being able to go around 3 more inches which I don't really want to push this piece of ash thankful to have what I do now. Well here it is any criticism is welcome thanks for looking!

Look like and idiot in these pics guess I wouldn't be cut out for acting  :)

Well great I rotated the pictures on photobucket but they came out like this hope this don't hurt yalls feelings too much.

Offline bubby

Re: Short Ash Board Bow
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 06:08:15 pm »
look's like a nice bush bow, just draw to the pit and shoot, and don't worry aint none of us gonna win a beauty contest :laugh:, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 08:13:40 pm »
nice little bow. great looking bend.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 09:40:28 pm »
That sure looks good to me! Nice job!