Author Topic: Old Bow Identification  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Ian.

Old Bow Identification
« on: May 06, 2012, 01:31:34 pm »
Hi Everyone

This was posted in the English Warbow section we are trying to identify it, does anyone here have any ideas. It's clearly in the Victorian shape and looks old but that is all we have.

Regards
Ian

ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline sadiejane

Re: Old Bow Identification
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:44:16 pm »
where was it found?
sometimes by going backwards with something like this you can gain info
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Flitter

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:21:46 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I would like to thank Ian for posting the pics of My Dad's Bow. I was having a bit of trouble and he came to my rescue.

As far as I know, my dad was given the old bow about 30 years ago and was told that it came from Europe. He was also told that the horns on both ends were probably made of Rhino horn. Also, the bow is about 68 inches in length.

I appreciate everyone's interest and welcome any suggestions or ideas as to finding out any info at all.

Thanks all......Lindy

Offline Flitter

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:51:24 pm »
Hello again everyone,

Once again I just wanted to update and let you all know that the bow had come from England and was given to my dad about 30-35 years ago. He was told at the time it was very old and that he should take good care of it.

Please let me know if any of you experts have an idea of what era this bow may be from and the possible use for this bow.

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you......Flitter

P.S. The pics are under the first post by Ian