Author Topic: Kentucky Coffebean(pic heavy)  (Read 1427 times)

Offline arcangel

Kentucky Coffebean(pic heavy)
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:53:29 pm »
Hello, decide to work on my coffeebean a bit, The problem i'm facing is that sides are weird like one side was cut with a saw so its very clean but other side was cut in half with a wedge, it followed the grain. that side is very weird. One side seems to be raised higher but it isn't because of it. I already rasped it width sized. Should steam straight and then fix the slight deflex and propeller twist before continuing to floor tiller. Oh it is 72 inches long. It goes 1.5 at widest point all the way to mid limb then tapers to 1/2 at tips. maybe 3/8 still deciding.thickness is 1.25 and 1.16 on limb to the other tapering to 3/4 at tips. Please help I really want this coffebean to work. :)

Offline arcangel

Re: Kentucky Coffebean(pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
more pics

Offline coaster500

Re: Kentucky Coffebean(pic heavy)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:32:57 pm »
I'm not real sure what your question is? As long as you fallow the grain when you lay out the bow and don't have it running it off anywhere on the sides it should work fine. The only coffee tree I made, I chased it to one ring on the back. The Propeller twist can be removed with dry heat and reflex can be added if you wish (at least that's what I used) but I would work it to floor tiller first as some of it may work it's self out with tillering.

Kentucky Coffee Tree is very pretty wood and has a different color than anything else I've used. It also make a sweet shooter....

I am by no means an expert and I hope the heavy hitters will chime in for you :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 12:11:05 am by coaster500 »
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)