Author Topic: Important Announcement  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Important Announcement
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:52:00 pm »
Primitive Archer is moving.....tonight.  There will be an interruption to the message board starting at 12 am tonight and it will last till about 7 am.  The reason is that PA is moving to another server.  This should improve the message board considerably, a much needed change.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Important Announcement
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »
I got the email, Great! It won't upset my schedule, I'll be driving to Tenn. all night.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 01:38:57 am »
This should take care of the security issues with images too. Just in time for all those photos of Tennessee.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »
I was looking at some older threads and the attached pictures were missing.  Was there anything lost in the move?

P.S.  I've unlocked this thread for now and if anyone is missing anything in their threads please post it here
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:28:18 am »
Ive had a wierd thing going on....in my thread three eyed osage molly my pics are missing when i view them from my smart phone,but i can see them on my pc. And since i copied and pasted that thread and pics over to paleoplanet they are now missing over there as well and doing the same thing,i can see them on my pc but not my smart phone. Ive checked some of my older threads and everything else is fine.....its just that one that i know of. And it happened after the server change.....Wierd  ??? 

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 01:07:47 pm »
There is more than one database, and not everything was moved. They should be there now.

blackhawk, give me a link to the thread. It sounds like it may be your smart phone.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

blackhawk

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 01:52:25 pm »
Justin heres the link to that thread

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,32585.0.html

Im pretty sure its not my phone....all the threads(including threads that are not mine) previous to the change still retains the pics just fine. Like i said i copied and pasted the whole thread(pics n all)and posted them on paleoplanet(thats how i post on pp to bypass having to use photo bucket),and never have had a problem with that way before. The admins put the full draw for a banner image and even that dissapeared over there, but it shows up on my pc,just not the phone. All was fine BEFORE the server change. Im positive it happened from the server change,and its not the phone. Its prob way above anyones heads to figure out as web designers can have a seperate server and/or format page for the internet specifically intended for smart phones becuase some regular internet pages can be too much data.

I wonder if i reloaded them from my pc if it would fix it?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 02:36:53 pm »
That appears to be missing a folder also. Something that didn't get moved when the server was changed. Ill check into it.
Yes reloading them would probably solve the issue, but there are more threads with missing images Im sure so let me check into finding the missing files.
Justin

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 10:17:53 pm »
It is fixed now. Let us know if there are any others missing.

SW Utah

blackhawk

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »
thanks a bunch Justin....ill check on my phone tomorrow to check it out  ;)