Author Topic: The Hunger Game  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

Re: The Hunger Game
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 11:42:14 am »
I am still working on the t-shirt thing.  I was thinking cafepress (online custom t-shirts) might be the way to go.  But I am checking with a couple of local businesses to see what a small run of shirts would cost. 
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 12:32:24 pm »
the three kids in my hood whom hang out over here sometimes, have all read the hunger games series.
two of them( bro and sis, 8 and 10) have old fiberglass kids bows i picked up at flea markets last year and since reading they have been out back shooting em more.
the third(10 yr old girl) either borrows one of theirs or as of this past weekend, has been shooting a sweet little bow half eye sent me.
from half eye-
"Hackberry stave with angular knot dead center,[carved in the Menominee Native style)"
its painted green with red, yellow and black highlights.
sweet little bow and the kids all enjoyed shooting it.
they can all pull it to about 20"
(right now the bow half eye sent is a "loaner" till i can get real wood bows in all three of their hands)
we worked on some "form" on sat and crawled in outta the rain and worked on some arrows sun.
theres an old tire swing in the lot they enjoy trying to shoot thru.
and of course water balloons rolling around in the grass is another of their fav targets

yes, these books/movie have certainly ignited a resurgence of interest in archery. esp for youngsters.
now all we have to do is keep fanning that flame
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Dclarke

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 12:35:42 pm »
I would be interested in a shirt or two...  ::)

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »
I am still working on the t-shirt thing.  I was thinking cafepress (online custom t-shirts) might be the way to go.  But I am checking with a couple of local businesses to see what a small run of shirts would cost.

do you have an community arts center or arts magnet school in yr area?
or even a local high school with a good art program.
if so it might be a class project.
i have done t-shirts that way and its lots of fun to work with the students(even let them come up with designs)
and thrift stores often have plenty of clean, unprinted tees-ya just gotta go thru em good.
and you learn how to screen print
ya might even garner some serious interest in primitive archery
wild women don't get the blues