Author Topic: think i have a plan for life  (Read 1859 times)

Offline recurve shooter

think i have a plan for life
« on: May 01, 2012, 06:30:58 am »
Well a year after graduation from highschool (collage wasnt for me) and with a wopping 3 hours in my pilots log i decided what i wanna do  as of now im in kenai alaska working a turnaround with more to come when this is over. Alaska is deffinitly the greatest place on earth. Plzn is to bust my hump and horde cash over the summer to finish flight school up to comercial single engine, pack up my arsenal and move back up to alaska and find a job flying either a bush plane or maby get multi engine rated and fly the small cargo planes delivering supplies to the remote villages. Just hopeing i can make it happen. Wish me luck guys!
lets just shoot it

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: think i have a plan for life
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 03:46:13 pm »
I Hear Ya Recurve Shooter!!!

Made it up to Alaska back in 2003 and Really felt the Pull to move there.
Alas it was not in the cards for me...
But one day I will take my boys there to hunt and fish.

Alaska is the REAL DEAL.
It ain't for the Faint of Heart, that is for sure.
I believe it Truly comes closest to Real Frontier Living, as most Americans are likely to find in the U.S...

Recurve, I wish you well, and Pray that you realize your Alaskan Dream!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:09 pm »
Go for it, big guy. Be carefull and have fun.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:49 pm »
grab that bull buy the horns and go for it, there's nothing worse than wishing you'd done something, regret's SUCK, good luck , Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »
good luck brother, alaska is awesome and im glad to hear your moving around, youll make it man and remember when times or tough or the day is rough tomorrow is ALWAYS another day
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 12:37:42 am »
Stay warm !
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:24:13 pm »
Follow your heart Brother.  I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance more than anything I did do. now that I've got a family and settled down I think about the stuff I didn't do and wonder what if.  Now my wife says that it all lead me to her.  ;D

Good luck and stay safe, dpgratz 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:33 am »
There are old bush pilots and there are bold bush pilots.  They ain't now old and bold bush pilots.  Hang with the old guys!

Where else is there the target rich environment for an archer like you got in Alaska? 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Rick Wallace

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 12:10:25 am »
You have a plan,,thats much more than I had at your age!  Good luck to you young man!
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 02:31:43 am »

Like they all said go for it!  Good luck, keep your feet dry, and by all means, keep with the old bush pilots, and get you a plump bush woman for the winter. ;)  Good luck to you, I seriously doubt that you will regret going there, whatever the outcome.  My Brother worked there for five months, on a tour catamaran, in Glacier Bay, as a mechanic, and maintenance man.  His Wife came up to visit for a week, and loved but wouldn't move there.  My Brother would move there in a heart beat.  keep yer eyes open fer them Grizzes.  I pray all the best to you on your adventure.  Pay attention to the old pilots, there is a world of difference in flying in Alaska, and mountains, and flat land, with cross winds, wind shear, downdrafts, etc.  Not to mention lack of visibility, with fog, and such.  Not a good feeling to be flying in the mountains, and not being able to see more than a couple hundred feet! :o  Keep a good survial kit, including a big bore gun, in the plane for all flights!I believe you will do well, part of the job is having a plan, and you have that.  Keep us posted, and send lots of beautiful Alaskan pictures!

Wayne

Wayne