Author Topic: Artifact Show (pix added)  (Read 1280 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Artifact Show (pix added)
« on: April 15, 2012, 11:41:24 am »
My 7yr old and I went to the first annual White Creek Bottoms artifact show yesterday in Medora, Indiana.  It was small w/ little turn out, but a lot of great artifacts.  Many from the surrounding area.  Sorry, but my favorite points are local and of local materials, so I really got a kick out of this one guys stuff.  My son was taking pictures w/ his DS, I let him bring it cuz of the hour drive, and was happy he did once I realized I forgot my camera.  I took a bunch of pics of base notches for referrence.  On the way home we stopped at a couple of road cuts and he found a few big crystals in some geodes and I got into a vein of nice dark chert that I hope w/ a little heat will knapp into some tough points.  We got caught in the rain and had to hang out under a rock ledge for a bit until it calmed down enough to make a run for the truck.  If I can figure out how to get the pics off the DS and onto the computer, I may post some pics if anyone is interested.  Just wanted to share my good day and adventure w/ my boy w/ you all. 

Have a gooder and thanks for reading, dpgratz
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:32:09 pm by bowtarist »
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Artifact Show
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:50:02 am »
I would love to see the pics. sounds like a really good day.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Artifact Show (pix added)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »
a couple more.  The last one has a story.  They drained an old lake and this ol' dude was walking the dry bottom picking up old trolling motors and found the point on the right.  It is really thin and really sharp still too.  Hope you enjoy the pics. dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline TRACY

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:41:29 pm »
Totally forgot about that Derik. Did you take a boat to get there? >:D little wet out there. Last pics look like hornstone varieties. Very cool, have to make the 2nd annual next year.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 12:36:38 am »
Very cool, thanks for sharing!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:15:19 am »
Cool artifacts. Thanks for showing that. I'd like to see that overhang and vein of chert. Always like a good splunkin trip..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.