Author Topic: Two big booms  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: Two big booms
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »
Soory Pete, Seems to happen just like that. I had a good stretch with no misshaps then a couple in a row as well. I'm hoping the streak is over.  ::)

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 03:54:51 pm »
Sorry to here about your luck.  In my last 4 attempts a broke 3, well 2 bows actually.  But, I broke one twice.  haha.  First the string slipped out of the nock tearing a splinter down the back.  So I decrowned it and backed it with a hickory strip.  At 26", my draw length and 53#, I heard the dreaded TICK.  My glue line failed.  I'm just starting to figure out the whole backing think.  Another was an osage self bow.  At 26" and 55# I heard the TICK again.  It popped a splint around a little pin-knot just below the fade.  This was bendy handle bow and it could handle the pressure.  I've wrapped it with sinew.  We'll see.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:40:31 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that Pete.  Worries me a little since I'm so close.  Maybe it's a good thing I've let my trade bow set for a month since I heated some twist out of it.  I see we have 50% humidity today and it'll soon be higher.  Hopefully the wood will rehydrate.

George
St Paul, TX