Author Topic: Itch  (Read 1082 times)

Offline stickthrower

Itch
« on: March 10, 2012, 02:16:49 pm »
I have the itch to make a new bow or two.  I have to wait to start though.   :o Our basement had flooded in July, and we have been having issues getting contractors out.  Apparently easy fast money isn't something they want.  So, my work bench has been taken over by everything that needed to be up off the floor and out of the way.  I have two boards down there to try out.  I am unfortunately expecting them to break.  So I will be happy if they turn out.  They are my first attempt of buying a board.  I was careful when picking the wood.  I doubt that I have it all right, but at least I didn't spend a fortune on it.  This is just some practice wood.

As soon as I can get the basement finished, I am going to be doing woodworking!  I lost some tools as well, but not the ones I need for making a bow.

Nathan
Sartell, Minnesota

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
Re: Itch
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:09 pm »
Sorry about your basement.Know what you mean about the itch. Got it myself. working on two bows right now,but I am having a heck of a time finding any time to work on them.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline stickthrower

Re: Itch
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:30:11 pm »
I picked up a piece of hickory and a piece of mahogany that I picked up.  I don't expect a whole lot out of them, but I have hopes! :) 

Hope you get your two going Sparrow.  As soon as I can make enough room down there, I am going to be getting going. 

Have totes, boxes, bottles...  A chair is actually sitting on top of my workbench right now.  that is another project.  It needs caning for the seat, and I haven't done it before, so I am putting that off.  But need to try it at some point.   :-\   

Nathan
Sartell, Minnesota