Author Topic: I Need sinew. I Offer yew, vine maple, fir shafts,  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Carson (CMB)

I Need sinew. I Offer yew, vine maple, fir shafts,
« on: January 16, 2012, 02:13:25 pm »
I am looking for sinew.  I would trade a good yew stave for a decent stack of elk leg or back sinew.  Deer back or leg sinew too if it were a sizable load. I also have to offer vine maple staves, oregon ash staves, douglas-fir shafts (Surewood Shafts). I would prefer back sinew to be unprocessed, and leg sinew could be processed or not. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:17:17 pm by CMB »
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: I Need sinew. I Offer yew, vine maple, fir shafts,
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:23:25 pm »
How many deer leg pieces constitute a sizeable load? I would love to get my grippers on some vine maple.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:02:21 pm »
What Drums asked, except I am interested in a Yew stave.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:54:16 pm »
PM sent
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:01:17 pm »
I've got a bunch of whitetail back sinew, unprocessed. I'll send a PM and perhaps we can work something out.

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:41:45 am »
Sorry for the delay guys.  Busy day.  I have staves going out to Halverson, tenbrook, and possibly Eric tomorrow.  I am looking for about 10 clean deer back sinews or 20 leg sinews for a vine maple stave, and 12 deer back sinew or 24 leg sinew for yew stave. As for leg sinew I would be looking for full length 10-12" pieces. 

Pearl Drums, I have a nice vine maple stave held for you if you want to trade. 

Wirwicki, my longer (70+) yew staves are going fast, and I need to take count, but I still have some nice yew staves in the 60-70" range and if anyone is interested in a short wide, flat-crowned piece of yew for a northwestern native style paddle bow, then I have a couple of those ready too. 

All above wood is recently cut. 
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:24:42 am »
Ok I have heard back from Mirwiki now.  I need to close this trade offer.  Of course Pearl Drums you can get back to me if you still want that VM.  Thanks everybody.