Author Topic: Okay, time to get back on my training wheels!  (Read 2468 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Okay, time to get back on my training wheels!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 04:54:15 pm »
Once again we Primitive Archers are showing off what kind of people we are. 

Back in the Cold War days an East German garbage truck crossed into West Berlin and dumped it's load on a side street.  The next morning the West German's loaded a truck, crossed the border, and unloaded food and medical supplies.  When the West German's were asked why  their response was "Gifts reveal their givers."

Something tells me Bill's heart is good yeller heartwood with no knots, twist, or stringfollow.

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 05:05:38 pm »
We primitive archers are few and far between. I don't mind driving 2 hours to hang ou,t shoot bows, and pass on some knowledge. I was lucky my father had me  building serious selfbows when I was 12....So I have 12 years worth of knowledge and hard learned lessons just begging to be passed on. Knowledge is a gift meant to be passed on. Always glad to help out wherever I can.
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »
We primitive archers are few and far between. I don't mind driving 2 hours to hang ou,t shoot bows, and pass on some knowledge. I was lucky my father had me  building serious selfbows when I was 12....So I have 12 years worth of knowledge and hard learned lessons just begging to be passed on. Knowledge is a gift meant to be passed on. Always glad to help out wherever I can.
That pretty much says it all !!
Glad to know such folks still exists in good numbers !!
To see them at such a young age restores my hope for this country !
God bless you all !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !