Author Topic: DCM - the end  (Read 14157 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: DCM - the end
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2011, 01:25:57 am »
This posted this tonight:

written by Nancy Baldwin

David passed away quietly about 8:00 tonight central time, with his wife Donna by his side. Although we will forever miss him, we are thankful that he is now at peace. We'll be posting arrangements for visitation later.

Thanks to the many people who expressed their love for him. Your kind thoughts and prayers were comforting to him and our family.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 03:05:16 am »

Nancy, I send You, Donna,and your family my sincerest condolences.  He was a man to respect.  I am glad that he was able to go peacefully.  My prayers are with you, and I pray for comfort.  And as the others said before, I am glad he was late, and he was able to spend a few more days with his loved ones.  Again, my condolences.
                                                    Wayne

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2012, 12:07:25 am »
When I hit the button to follow this thread I was half expecting to hear about how he was yet again beating the odds.  We primitive archers are just that way, we buck the odds, we go against the current, and we always expect to somehow see good results. 

I was not all that surprised to hear how he had finally left us.  But I was not prepared for my tears or this huge emotional sinkhole that suddenly tore thru my belly.  I've never met the man, never shared stories or swapped a stave for some other wonderful some-thing-or-other.  None the less, a brother of mine is gone and I grieve. 

So long brother, scout the long hills for the rest of us.  We'll all be there soon enough and we'll need you to show us where to hunt.   
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2012, 12:20:11 am »
Well said JW.  It hit me about the same way.

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 12:58:16 am »
I'm with you JW as well. I would tune each day to see how DCM was doing. From the first post it didn't seem like he would be able to make it more than a couple of days, but then each day I tuned in and thought, ok its been a week, now two, now we're on three weeks maybe things are starting to turn around right in front of us. I'm glad he's a piece now. One suggestion I would offer everyone that I am trying to work harder on myself. Great advice that I have received from my wife is that although we may be sad because of death, we should step back when we gather ourselves and look at objectively. The sadness is for our own selfish reasons, because WE no longer have this person on earth with us, and maybe a little bit of sorrow because of what that persons family is going through and what they're missing out on by not being here. But ultimately, it should be a joyous occasion because that person was called home by the Lord as was intended for all of us. Even with that in mind it's still tough, but I keep trying to see it that way whenever I can.

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2012, 03:02:48 am »
stingray, that really is a great way to put, although even if you try to think that way, i think sadness is something that is inevitable when someone dies
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Nidhoggr

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2012, 07:33:54 am »
RIP DCM

I wish I'd have got to know you. It's strange... I am new to the hobby and this site but I still feel a sense of loss for this.  Have been worried about him for a few days as well.  Human nature is a funny thing.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »
So sad,David was a fine man for sure and will be greatly missed by the archery community and even more by his family. Rest in peace David. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good