Author Topic: For Lombard, ASTB  (Read 11637 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: For Lombard, ASTB
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2011, 03:50:51 pm »
Thank you, Kenneth. I hope you and your wife have a very, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, too.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2011, 11:43:58 am »
I donate a bow every year for this fine cause as well.

Here is last years auction winner Tim carter accepting his new copperhead backed osage bow.

Glenda had just bought a new camera to film the event, we didn't know at the time the camera had a bad lens that distorted the image and made everyone's head look like it belonged on a space alien.

Now for the bad part. I handed the treasurer 5 crisp $100 bills the auction raised (thank you Tim for your generosity) to be donated to the Alabama Children's Hospital. We found out later she pocketed the money I gave her along with over $3500 the tournament raised for the kids plus between 10K and 20K from the clubs bank account.

After being caught she agreed to make partial restitution to keep out of the slammer. There was no paper trail for the cash so we will never know exactly how much she stole.

The good news is Tim's wife Michelle is now in charge of the the clubs finances, honest as the day is long and a joy to be around.

Bring a wallet full of cash for this event, Eddie's bow looks like a winner. Proxy and phone bids will be accepted if you can't make the event. There are always a bunch of guys really interested in the auctioned bows and bidding wars are common, the money couldn't go to a better cause.       
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 11:57:21 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2011, 01:16:07 pm »
That is just downright beautiful Eddie! Im having bowyer withdrawls..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »
Thank you Eric, I hope it does real good for the kids. That really blows about the Treasurer.

Hey, Paul. Thanks, buddy, hope you made it home for Christmas.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?