Author Topic: Southeastern Alaska (Yellow) Cedar  (Read 2410 times)

Offline burchett.donald

Southeastern Alaska (Yellow) Cedar
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:10:35 am »
   Does anyone have experience with Alaska (Yellow) Cedar? I have been researching this shafting and everything I've read is it is a wonderful arrow wood!! The biggest problem I'm running into is finding it in raw parallel shafting. There's much to be said about this shafting but I haven't been able to locate any. Any help or comments on Alaska (Yellow) Cedar would be appreciated.       
                                                  Thanks, Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Southeastern Alaska (Yellow) Cedar
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 11:23:32 am »
Try Alleghaney(sp) Arrow Woods(or Works). I believe they are a sponsor here on PA. 
  If you can find good clear spruce or fir lumber at your local lumber company you can make good arrows with either of them. Also poplar makes good arrows. You can get it at Lowe's or Home Depot.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »
  Pat,  I just got off the phone with Bill from "Allegheny Mountain Arrow Woods" and he has what I need. Real nice guy and very informative, took his time with me. Thanks for the tip.
                                      Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:04:48 pm »
You're right, Bill's a great guy.  He hasn't been in business all these years for nothing!  Glad you got hooked up with him. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.