Author Topic: I hate building arrows.....  (Read 1984 times)

Offline jonathan creason

I hate building arrows.....
« on: October 24, 2011, 12:08:58 pm »
but I love building knives.  I'm hoping that maybe one of you arrow craftsmen out there is in need of a new skinning knife.  I've got one on the bench right now that I'm in the process of finishing up.  Made in the neo-tribal style (all hammer and file work, no grinder), I had originally wrapped the handle but stripped that off and now I'm putting on scales.  I'll make up a nice heavy sheath for it, and may even make a frontier style rawhide sheath.  I'm looking for at least a dozen arrows matched for spine and weight.  I mainly shoot bows in the 50-60 pound range, and would like them 29-30" long so that I can tweak them.  I don't care if they're made from commercial shafts or hand harvested materials.  I'd like several target arrows, a few hunting arrows, and maybe a couple of stumpers.  I hope to have the knife done in the next couple of days and will put some pics up as soon as I do.  The sheath will take me a little longer, but hopefully it'll be done by next week.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: I hate building arrows.....
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:25:42 pm »
I've got thirteen arrows made in that poundage.  If you look through the arrows page a couple back from the first page up and look for Bakers dozen, that's them.  I still need to get you some leather too.  Check em' out and get back w/ me. 
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 03:25:20 pm »
Those look great, Derik.  I'd love to make a deal with you on them.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:45:09 pm »
Shoot me a PM john and we'll get this started.  I was keeping the arrows for myself...just incase I got lucky enough to be one of the ones who gets a bow in the Christmas Exchange, but I like making arrows and will make a nother batch if I far to be that lucky.  Shoot me a PMand I'll tell you their story.  Thanks, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 10:33:26 am »
Here's a pic of the knife I'm currently finishing up.  Like I said, I took the wrap off and am adding some wood scales.

Cleveland, NC