Author Topic: Another maple board bow (not for BOM)  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Another maple board bow (not for BOM)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »
I appreciate the feedback, thanks guys :)

I have run into a bit of a dilemma with this one - the guy I made it for wants me to name it.  Usually I can come up with something by thinking of something of significance that occurred while making the bow, or the time it was finished, etc., but I'm drawing a total blank on this one.  Anyone have any ideas for me?

I was thinking "Weekend Warrior" because he is taking it to his cabin at the lake, where he goes every weekend.  When I suggested that he just laughed a bit and said "You'll think of something..."  Then I told him that sometimes a bow has to earn it's name, to which he replied with a laugh again. Some people...  ::)  :)

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:09 pm »
Here's a couple ideas.  You could focus on the bow that looked like a failure turned into success, something like "reborn".  Or, you could do something maple related, the genus name "Acer" comes to mind.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 04:03:28 am »
Thanks George.  Acer beats any ideas I had. 

Reborn would be cool in other circumstances, but I was thinking about how he'd have to explain that name to people - that it was a failure because it was too light  for the intended owner, but heavy enough for him (wouldn't want to hurt his ego!  :o )

I think I'll just sharpie "Acer" on it and be done with it.  If he doesn't like the name, he'll have to get out the sandpaper I guess  ;D  I told him he should name it, but he wouldn't have any of it.