Author Topic: Wire figures for backing strips!  (Read 5025 times)

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
Wire figures for backing strips!
« on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:23 am »
YAY!  I'm offering more figurines!  Got everything I needed out of my last offering but now I need some backing materials.

I need mostly hickory and bamboo.  I need two chunks of hickory ready to rock and roll.  Then I need all the prepared bamboo I can get...mostly, with the bamboo, I need four 30~36" pieces that are closely matched for a short horsebow, then I need as many full length (60"+) pieces.

My wire figurines start at the $15+ shipping mark and go up from there depending on complexity.  They are made on demand and I can make almost any pose...and I like a challenge.

I just did this one for one of our George's...

That's just a few examples...I have a lot more and this is a really versatile art.  Let me know what you would like and I'll give you a cash equivalent so we can make a fair trade.

Thanks!
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Wire figures for backing strips!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 01:40:42 am »
I've got a few backing strips and love you art.  What were you thinking for two small figures?
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 12:45:44 am »
Love the red-tailed vulture on the reaper!  Now where have I seen that before???   >:D

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:31 am »
Love the red-tailed vulture on the reaper!  Now where have I seen that before???   >:D

From my etsy store (exoticleftovers)...just so people know what you're talking about lol

I'm still working on another bird...I was able to get a better, more detailed set of wings.  It was fun.  But the scale was all funky.  I'm trying again.  I've had requests for birds before so if I can get it right I'll probably be able to pull in a bit of extra cash.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline makenzie71

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:48:42 pm »
Okay I had a bunch of hang-ups last week and over the weekend so I did not get as much done as I had hoped.

dvshunter, I have your fairy done and it will be in the mail this afternoon or tomorrow.  I got the hickory strip...THANKS!  I love the packing lol...I might try to see if I can get a short bow core out of it haha.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:44:43 pm »
got the fairy today. The wifes happy, I'm happy. I didn't want the backing to break so a little hickory helps out. Haha thanks.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley