Author Topic: hunter education course  (Read 2213 times)

youngbowyer

hunter education course
« on: August 27, 2011, 01:13:21 am »
I'm working on getting my hunting license, prob wont get it before or during deer season but i'll just have to wait. I was just wondering how hard is the test they give you. i was looking through the hunter education booklet and there are all these questions about compounds and crossbows that i just don't know. I just know primitive archery. How the heck did you guys figure this out?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: hunter education course
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 01:43:57 am »
They are not there to fail you. Their job is to educate you about hunting and especially safty. If you pay attention in class you will pass. Bring your equipment to class if they will let you(ask first) and show them and other class mates the other side(true side  ;) )of archery.
  I had to take the Hunterd Safety course to get a Colorado license when I went out to elk hunt in '06. I found the class very informative and well worth the time to take it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:53:18 am »
Yes Tom, Pat is right.  I taught bowhunter's education for years.  Your instructors want you to be a safe, ethical hunter.   You'll do it fine.  It's easier than school.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Little John

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:40:04 am »
It used to be all about gun safety ( the first one I went to many years ago) now there is a lot about survival in the outdooors to treestand safety. You should enjoy the class.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

youngbowyer

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:57:08 pm »
thanks guys. Im not sure if if will be able to do it this year, most of the classes are full. Also, how am i supposed to hunt if i dont have an adult to hunt with? Can i hunt on my own property alone? I'm new to all this so i will probably have a few more questions.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 02:22:07 pm »
Each state is different. Go get a Hunters Regulation Booklet from the hunting license dealer. They are free and will have all the info you'll need and all the legalities. Your state DNR probably has a website with all that info also.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC