Author Topic: Can This Be Fixed?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Can This Be Fixed?
« on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
Was hopeing this could be fixed. It's the result of the dry fire when one of my cane arrows split when shooting Don't ever forget to wrap a self nock :o The boo seperated from the Osage, and a small crack on the side of the osage. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Can This Be Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »
What part of the limb?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bow Nut

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:17:06 pm »
What glue did you use?  It can probably be fixed if that crack is not to bad.  What you can do is one of two things you can fill pile a bunch of glue in there I and bind it all together, might have to re tiller.  the best thing I can suggest is heat it up in a heat box nice and hot to soften the glue if it is some type of epoxy and separate be boo from the Osage completely resurface the clue surfaces rough them up removing all previous glue and re glue with urac.  this will work well make sure to get plenty of glue in the cracked area.  you will have to re tiller I'm sure you will loose poundage as well.  If it was me though I would stick it in the corner of you work shop, build another one from scrap looking at that one along the way to remind you what not to do lol.  That is what I do.  I dont try to fix problem bows because you will find that you can make a shooter out of it again but wont be fully happy with it and over many more arrows it will develop problems again.  also it is hard to tell but it also looks like from the pictures the glue surface of your bamboo swelled up and might have caused the problem.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:05:46 pm »
looks like when it went it got into the belly wood.  if it were just a delamination i would glue it and wrap it with something but since it split some of the belly wood I dont think I would risk it.  I would repair it and make it a wall hanger. 
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:46:29 pm »
 I super glued it back and decided to just retire it :'( Better that than take chance on getting injured ;)
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:58:30 pm »
Smart decision.... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome