Author Topic: Shotgun  (Read 3408 times)

Offline gstoneberg

Re: Shotgun
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »
Funny this thread should come up now.  I carpool with one of our testing technicians.  His job yesterday was to instrument 2 cars, one in the indoor parking garage (his), and one in the outdoor parking lot.  He recorded temperature, humidity and something else I can't remember for 24hrs.  It was 103 degrees yesterday for the high.  The garage vehicle stayed at the outside air temperature until he drove it to a dentist appointment.  In the hour he was there the inside temp of the vehicle went up to 123 degrees.  Returning to the indoor lot it got down to about 80 degrees with the A/C running.  It quickly climbed back to 100 degrees and stayed there the rest of the day.  Driving home he was able to get the temp down to a little under 70 degrees.  In his garage the temp went back up to 100 and stayed there all night.  Yikes.

More interesting to me was the car in the parking lot.  She never moved it all day.  It reached a max temp at 4pm of 183 degrees!!  Wow!  No wonder they say to keep your laminated bows unstrung in a car.

I've never seasoned a stave in the car.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Michael C.

Re: Shotgun
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 06:46:52 pm »
When I do that my car looks like a couple of teenagers have been in it out on lovers leap when I come out from work.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero