Author Topic: Hello from Chicago  (Read 3076 times)

Offline jsandman

Hello from Chicago
« on: July 03, 2011, 04:21:08 am »
Hello folks,

Actually I a from Schiller Park a suburb real close to Chicago. I would love to learn how to build bows. I have the first 3 bowyers bibles and to be honest even though I read very well I learn by seeing someone else doing it much better.......(give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for life ) . Any chance anyone is around the Chicago area or any of the suburbs that can spend a little time with me ?? I would like to know how to build stave bows and board bows and sapling bows. I have or can buy whatever tools I need but really need someone to just take me through the process a couple times.....

I look forward to hearing from you folks and hope you don't mind a lot of questions as well.

Thank you,
James Sanders

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Hello from Chicago
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:07 am »
There's a few of us from Chicago on here.....I'm up near Algonquin.  PM me your number and I can help you get started  ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline jsandman

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:04:07 pm »
HoBow,

Thanks for posting a reply to my post..............never thought someone in my area would be building bows. I have tried to PM you
like five times but it keeps saying my PM times out .

my mail address is jamesanders01@comcast.net shoot me a mail if you don't mind and i will send you my cell phone number.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

James Sanders

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:17:59 pm »
I got all 5 messages ;D called and left you a message ;)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline jsandman

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:02 am »
HAHA,

Thanks Jeff............great conversation we had. Thanks for taking interest in a newbie and I can't wait till we get something set up to get started.

James

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 02:53:21 am »
Told You that you would find someone near you...this Board is a great place to learn....and teach all about Primitive Archery...and primitive Ways...glad you made it James....you will find your way now...I guarantee it.... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hawkeye1974

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:18:47 am »
I don’t have a set up to make bows yet. Put are there any archery stores/shols around?
If a guy can fire 3 arrows 125 meters he not only deserves his own movie.  He deserves his own reality show!!! 

-Anonymous

Offline jsandman

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 12:13:22 am »
Thanks El Destructo ...........you were definately right about there being someone close to me.

James