Author Topic: LW JoJan Clamps Wanted  (Read 1829 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
LW JoJan Clamps Wanted
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:48:12 am »
Looking for  LW JoJan clamps.  I inherited a JoJan multi-fletcher w/ 6 straight clamps.  I'm looking for ??? 6 Left Wing clamps.  Mostly what I have to trade are arrows.  Also could use one Bohning Pro-Classic Right Wing Clamp.  Just one though.  Get back w/ me here or PM me.  Thaks for lookin', dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: LW JoJan Clamps Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »
The nice thing about the JoJan straight fletch is you can offset the feathers to either the left or right. That is all I use and depending of whether I use right or left wing I set up the jig for right offset or left offset.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 11:41:46 pm »
I've wanted to do that, but have no directions.  I see the marks on there, but have yet to bring myself to move anything.  If I could learn to do that, it'd save me some arrows this time around. ;)
Guess I'll have another look at it.  Thanks for the push Pat B.  :D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 01:49:05 am »
Both the front "V" for holding the arrows and the rear"V" are adjustable. Just loosen the 2 screws and slide the bar to the left or right. How much you will have to experiment. To the same with the other bar but in the opposite direction.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 01:00:47 pm »
Moving left is for right wing and right is for left wing? Or just the opposite?  It's got lines on it for refference.  Havent' gotten into it yet, though.  Thanks again Pat.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »
Don't go to the marks, maybe half that distance is plenty. If you go to far, there will be a little bit of space between the fletch and the shaft at the ends. Also remember that natural feathers already spin the arrow so flitching straight is an option.

If you are using left wing feathers offset the front of the feather to the left and back of the feather to the right. Right wing of course is opposite.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 09:42:18 pm »
Thanks guys.  I've got about 10 arrows my in-laws got for a $ @ a yard sale.  I've removed all the old feathers and will give the JoJan another try.  Gonna be a week or so though cus I like to crest em and what not too.  Thanks again, dpgratz