Author Topic: Another snake thread  (Read 5336 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Another snake thread
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 12:03:48 am »
Thats normally the pattern we see around this part of the woods.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 12:57:48 am »
Pete did you take any pics of that King snake.. The one I picked up is the only one I have ever seen.. Beautiful snake

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 01:13:50 am »
beautiful snake , found one run over bout a year ago . put it on this one

Offline criveraville

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 02:29:33 am »
Ken that was a great find... Love how that pattern looks on that bow.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 02:38:31 am »
That is a great look Ken.   Up here in the mountains if I see a snake dead on the roads, no matter what kind it is it already has 10 tire skid marks across it. Doesn't leave much to work with.  ::)   As far as the locals are concerned all serpants are EVIL!  >:D
  We do have a couple of black snakes that have lived around here for years. Kinda like family.  ;D  We had one here a few years ago that was an easy 7'. I think he lived in our old abandoned Isuzu Trooper. We would find his(or her) shed skin coming out from under the engine compartment.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:23 am »
same here Pat , most slam on brakes just before they hit them so that they cut them into, and shred them. thats the reason i split this one and glued it on, knew i would never find another one in good shape

we have had a few pet rat snakes and kings in the yard , i like to see them around.

Offline criveraville

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 03:28:25 am »
As y'all might imagine from industrious snake trading, folks around here don't care for snakes much and kill them every chance they get. There are lots and lots and lots of copperheads in this county, but the skins are hard to come by because folks will swerve to run over it after it's dead and the ones that get killed in yards are so mangled that there's not anything worth salvaging. We have had at least 3 people get bitten by copperheads. One guy was careflighted and ended up in ICU for a while. This sort of thing makes the front page of our paper and it becomes open season on those beautiful snakes.. Another front page headline was a live rattlesnake being put in a mailbox by a neighbor. The mail carrier opened the lid, saw and heard the snake, and sped off.. A person driving behind the mail person saw the snake fall out of the mail box, turned around, pulled out a gun and shoot and killed the snake.. That's my community  :o

I couldn't make this stuff up... Well, what can I say??? It is Texas.  ;D