Author Topic: now have a S&W sw9ve. i like it!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline recurve shooter

now have a S&W sw9ve. i like it!
« on: June 10, 2011, 02:49:04 am »
ok so after the previously mentioned issue with the Tanfoglio, i took it back and switched it for a smith sw9ve. Im sure most of you have atleast heard of this little gun. Its cheap. i think they go for around 300ish new, and i got mine for 250 including tax used, but in near perfect condition. put about 60 rounds through it today. the main issue i had with it was that infamous trigger pull. its long and stiff and just not pleasant. i mean its not horrible, but not exactly nice. buuuuut, take out part of the trigger assymbaly, remove two springs, and put it back togeather, and the weight is cut in half and seems to be alot smoother. still long and kinda heavy, but MUCH better, and causes absolutly no problems that i can see. it shoots well, fits the hand very nicely and is actualy very simmilar to a glock. after shooting it my dad and i took it and his glock 22 .40 cal apart and compared them. very simmilar. now im not a gun expert by any means but i realy think this little gun is a great piece for the price.

if anyone els has ANY imput on these little guns, good bad or ugly, id love to hear it!!!

p.s. i have one with a black slide.  ;D
lets just shoot it

Offline R H Clark

Re: now have a S&W sw9ve. i like it!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 03:37:00 am »
The only thing I will add is to be very cautious about any modification if it is to be used for self defense.Should you have to use it to defend yourself a DA could paint a picture of you creating an unsafe condition and the whole thing being your fault.It's sad but I've heard too many horror stories.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 04:07:52 am »
good point. no i dont plan on using it as a defence pistol. im not old enough to carry yet and god forbid someone break into our home i'll use a shotgun. i just wanted somthing decent that was cheap to feed and fun to shoot, and this little guy fits the bill
lets just shoot it

Offline fencepost

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 04:56:59 am »
good choice it will hone your skills shooting just as good as a $500. weapon