Author Topic: New Arm Guard - Thanks to Cameroo  (Read 2038 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

New Arm Guard - Thanks to Cameroo
« on: June 15, 2011, 06:31:09 pm »
Quite a while ago after seeing some of Cameroo's wonderful leather work I dropped him a PM and hassled him about getting a template/pattern of his arm guard.  He kindly sent me a digital pattern and I've been sitting on it and doing nothing with it while my poor forearm got cherry after cherry on it.  So, since it is raining here and I can't be out shooting or looking for trees to harvest I decided to give it a go and make one.

I've seen a few cool pictures of som of the caves in France, etc and have always marveled at ancient's mans artistic desires so I thought this image might be a nice tribute to some nameless, faceless ancestor who also enjoyed making and creating above and beyond just utility.

Thanks again Cameroo!

Enjoy~

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: New Arm Guard - Thanks to Cameroo
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:54:34 pm »
Cool Lee. How do you get it embossed like that? I just made one from saddle leather and antler, but its a plain janer.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
Yup took a photo copy of the drawing and layed it on thin plastic sheet and used a small round ball tipped leather modeling tool and pressed out the outline.  I then went back in and repressed the tool marks...painted it with Tandy dye and added the mottled background to make it look like a cave wall and then went over the whole thing with a yellow/tan leather dye.  Pretty simple but it works.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:18:37 pm »
Looks great. I want to start learning more leather working so this has been inspirational. Thank you.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:26:39 pm »
Nice work buddy.  I like the "stone wall" effect!  Now have you got the leather bug too? ;) As if a guy doesn't have enough hobbies... ::)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:14:53 am »
Very nice work,beautiful arm guard. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 11:24:30 am »
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

~ Lee

— Aldo Leopold