Author Topic: got it fletched  (Read 3116 times)

Offline rover brewer

john 3:16

Offline rover brewer

Re: got it fletched
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:52:08 pm »
ok I don't know why the picture didn't come up but you can click on it and see my first fletch job,sorry maybe one of ya'll can tell what went wrong.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:36:15 pm »
Looking good.

Try the bottom one: the IMG code. 

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:28:40 am »
Thanks Justin.

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 05:31:17 am »
not bad for a first.  Could use a steadier hand with the scissors...but thats just practice.

Also try to wrap the front of the fletchings with smooth as possible transitions...just a small snag can take some skin off ur hand(if you shoot off the hand)

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 09:43:07 am »
I don't shoot off hand but I see what you mean and I have a burner but decided to try by hand at it,thanks for your input.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 10:38:49 am »
Looks fine,you are on your way ,I have a long set of scissors and have found if I get it all lined up and try and make one continues cut they come out better most of the time. :) I also have a burner but usually do it by hand with sissors. :) Like az3644 said the front is very important to me,when I rub the starting edge of the feather if I feel anything I don't shoot it until it is smooth. Had to many gotcha's
over the years.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:53:40 pm »
Thanks Pappy,hated missing tn classic this year will be planning to be there next year.I did take some sand paper and smooth things up a bit.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 11:17:13 pm »

Pappy stole my longer scissors idea, so I guess I won't suggest them. ;)  But I will agree with him.  But other than what the others have suggested, I think it is good.  I like the color. 8)  Try a little glob of super glue on the threads use a pop sickle stick, or any flat stick, and lightly wet it, and then place it on the glue on the threads, and turn your arrow shaft, so that it smooths the glue, and applies the glue evenly to the thread.  Do it in front, and back, and if it has any protuberances, or feels rough, just lightly sand it with some 180-200 or finer grit sand papper, and it will smooth right out.  But wether it is perfectly straight cut, or not, it is how it flies. ;)  The Indians didn't have fancy feather burners.  They were not the prettiest jobs, but they worked just fine, and put meat in the camp.....or settlers on the run. ::) ;D ;D
                                                                             Wayne

Offline rover brewer

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
thanks for the advice Wayne.