Author Topic: Large Medieval Battle Points  (Read 6591 times)

kurogane_84

Large Medieval Battle Points
« on: September 03, 2012, 04:08:47 am »
Hi everyone im looking for a few arrowheads, that are like Hector Coles Saxon type 1 Heads, like the ones in the link
http://www.hectorcoleironwork.com/images/type1sax.gif

I have some medium battle points, the specs are below

Length: appr. 3 inches long
Width: appr. 3/4 inches wide
Weight: appr. 340 grs.
i know its lazy but the pics wouldnt upload so heres the link to a post of mine, photo bucket wouldnt let me upload pics either :(
http://www.tradrag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818

Offline Ian.

Re: Large Medieval Battle Points
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:13:28 pm »
There was a person not to long ago that was casting some bullet grade metal heads (brass I think)

What are you going to use for the mould? And also it would be worth looking at pictures of 14/15th Century heads in museums as the socket is normally much smaller than what people make now. In fact most arrow heads being made at the minute now are much larger than what would be typical for the period. If it were me I would cut a few mm off the socket of the heads you have, which will also bring the weight down.

You have to also respect the time someone has put in to make those heads, you should at the least ask the original maker if you can cast them.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

kurogane_84

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »
There was a person not to long ago that was casting some bullet grade metal heads (brass I think)

What are you going to use for the mould? And also it would be worth looking at pictures of 14/15th Century heads in museums as the socket is normally much smaller than what people make now. In fact most arrow heads being made at the minute now are much larger than what would be typical for the period. If it were me I would cut a few mm off the socket of the heads you have, which will also bring the weight down.

You have to also respect the time someone has put in to make those heads, you should at the least ask the original maker if you can cast them.

Valid points on each, the heads are made by Bearpaw products in Germany, so id get sued if they found out i wanted to do that LOL, so maybe not cast them, but about the socket length, yes a few MM of the back end would do it and they were made to fit mostly 1/2 inch shafts, the heads i have are medium sized they are half the size that the Saxons used, is love to get the Hector Cole Saxon type 1 arrow heads, they are larger and look alot better i finds, ive tried emailing them and got this email is permanently closed, and the phone number to their shop is disconnected :(

Offline Loki

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:53:40 pm »
This is the email I last used when ordering points from him

hectorcole@lineone.net
Durham,England

kurogane_84

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

hectorcole@lineone.net

Loki if i cant contact him could you maybe get ahold of them and get a quote for 3 of the Saxon type 1 heads?

kurogane_84

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:23 pm »

hectorcole@lineone.net

ok thats strange it went thru this time LOL thank you so much Loki

Offline Loki

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 05:58:14 pm »
LOL no worries mate, Hector coles not one for computers maybe something went wrong with his email for a time.  :D
Durham,England

kurogane_84

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 11:41:50 pm »
LOL no worries mate, Hector coles not one for computers maybe something went wrong with his email for a time.  :D

either that or gmail no workie LOL

Offline imar

• DWS; Dutch Warbow Society
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 03:21:13 pm »
you can order all those points and more in the Netherlands without any problem.
Imar
DWS; Dutch Warbow Society

Offline adb

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:39 pm »
Hi everyone im looking for a few arrowheads, that are like Hector Coles Saxon type 1 Heads, like the ones in the link
http://www.hectorcoleironwork.com/images/type1sax.gif

I have some medium battle points, the specs are below

Length: appr. 3 inches long
Width: appr. 3/4 inches wide
Weight: appr. 340 grs.
i know its lazy but the pics wouldnt upload so heres the link to a post of mine, photo bucket wouldnt let me upload pics either :(
http://www.tradrag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6818

Try this: www.twojs.me.uk