Author Topic: Checking in  (Read 4764 times)

HatchA

Re: Checking in
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 09:05:27 am »
Patrick, is that from the book of five rings?  I've had that for years and keep meaning to read it but I don't think I'm quite ready for inner peace just yet...   :-[

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 09:58:21 am »
Jesse, sorry I missed telling you bye last weekend. Be careful and we look forward to your safe return!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 10:11:30 am »
Jesse:  Be as careful as possible.  If you need anything sent over just let me know!  Have some horn bases picked out for your dad and wonder where to send them?  A/Ho Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline sailordad

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 10:37:09 am »
Jesse, keep you head and butt down over there
stay safe but always give em' hell  >:D
but only if you have to

like others have said,if you need anything just holler
if its in my powers i will send what i can  ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 02:14:25 pm »
Hatch, yes, that's a quote from The Book of Five Rings.  I read it several times when I was in high school.  Didn't make too much sense back then but its teachings are becoming clearer at time goes on.

Pat, I dunno.  Reincarnation is a funny thing.  I'd like to think I was a corsetier (likeThomas Paine) in a past life.  O:)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 07:36:49 am »
safe journey brother
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 11:25:34 pm »
Jesse
Stay safe, and be well and most of all Thank You
If you need anything, don't hesitate to PM me. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »
Jesse, sure glad to see your Post an I'm already missing pics of your points . If there is anything ya need make sure an holler, I was thinkin of ya today had a pc of your kentucky blue today an it had a lot of interestng stuff inside. I kept thinking how would Jesse approach this, Had a lot of gold flecks an gritty spots made for some tricky flaky. Again take care. Later Bob

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:10 am »

I think you know enough by now to be careful, and not peek over the wall..... ::)  Bring back a camel spider for Eddie. Lets see if it tastes anything like a June bug. ;D :P  Take care Jesse, I told the Monastery you were temporarily delayed due business with uncle
 Sam.  They said the would hold your room for you.  ;) They are looking for rock for you to teach them the art of flint knapping.  They said they will keep the beer cold.  ;)  I'm sure there is a cold one back here waiting for you also. 8)

Wayne

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 05:51:34 am »
See ya when you get back buddy.  Us guys who've made a few trips to the sand pile know it's never easy.  Double check your water, and carry more ammo.  I miss ya already.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 06:47:58 pm »
Stay safe, Jesse. Make sure your brothers have you back and you have theirs. Like Jon said, keep plenty of water and ammo. Hope to see you soon.   B Dan
Cleves, Ohio

JustinNC

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »
Stay safe and thank you for what you do Jesse! Looking forward to seeing you post again from this side of the big pond come August!

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 12:02:29 pm »
Thanks everyone!
 Well nothing much has changed here. Same old rocky desert mountains that i remember. Had a bad sand storm my 2nd day here, just this god forsaken country's way of saying welcome back..
 I think I'll try and do some knapping today :)
Mililani Hawaii

JustinNC

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 12:18:57 pm »
Remember to check to see if there is out going fire before bedding down in camp at night....wouldnt want to hear a new story about you not being in the know and having to duck for cover when outgoing starts up  ;)

Stay safe, I'm going to head back up to Twin Oaks again at the end of the summer when you and Shannon are there one weekend!