Author Topic: Tiller Help  (Read 1395 times)

Offline okie64

Tiller Help
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:54:28 am »
Need to get some other opinions on this tiller. Its at 50# at 21" with a low brace height right now. The tip on the left has a hook and about 1/2" of natural deflex and its kinda messin with my eyes a little bit.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Tiller Help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:51:56 am »
Right limb looks stiff half way or so.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 12:03:09 pm »
That's what I see also..Looking pretty good. :) I would get it to full brace if it was me. :)   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 12:15:57 pm »
You could always heat the last 10" up and flip 'em a touch. It would even them out and put some pepp in 'er.Just an idea?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TBod

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 03:04:26 pm »
Cool hook on the tip!

I'd love to see a front view pic of that.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 07:02:14 pm »
Looking good. I lovr that hook. YOu are doing a nice job. Looks like fades out to mid limb need a few scrapes. Not much. Alo that right limb mid limb out. Is that where the hook is? If yes be careful. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline okie64

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:21 pm »
Thanks for the help guys.
Looking good. I lovr that hook. YOu are doing a nice job. Looks like fades out to mid limb need a few scrapes. Not much. Alo that right limb mid limb out. Is that where the hook is? If yes be careful. Jawge
George, the hook is on the left tip in the pic.

Offline DarkSoul

• Orion Bows
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »
We need an unbraced pic before we can properly judge tiller. It is important to know if the limbs were reflexed, deflexed or straight to begin with. Tiller is about he amount of bend the limbs are doing; not the final shape they end up with.
"Sonuit contento nervus ab arcu."
Ovid, Metamorphoses VI-286

Offline okie64

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »
I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow. I did some more work on it today. It started out with  about 1" of natural deflex in both limbs. I might go ahead and heat the deflex out before I go any farther or I may just go ahead with it. I'm gonna think on it a little.