Author Topic: I'm so in love  (Read 2452 times)

Offline adb

I'm so in love
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:29:10 pm »
This has absolutely NOTHING to do with trad archery, but I just can't help it! If you're at all a motorcycle enthusiast, you'll understand. Pictures speak a thousand words!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: I'm so in love
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 04:55:27 pm »
OOOOHH!, Ducati and Triumphs, my favorites. I like. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 09:16:27 pm »
It was a toss-up... it was either this bike, or a Triumph Thruxton 900. Unfortunately, the Triumph would have been several thousand more. Oh well, I'll have to tough it out on the Duc!!!

Lombard

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:53:49 pm »
I used to do it in the dirt, but if I were to go down the street that looks like it would be a nice one to do it with.

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
ohhhh yeah...i love ducati tooo...the best rocket any person could buy...john

Grunt

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 11:56:18 pm »
In 1969 I got out of the Marine Corps after combat in Vietnam and I hit the beach on St Croix. First thing I did was get a 12 gauge pump, a 1911, and a three cylinder Kawasaki 500cc. The cow was only limited by how fast I could cram the gears. I lived on the beach for seven years and after four of them I traded up to a Norton Commando. St Croix is only 14 miles long and 3 wide and I could get anywhere in 10 minutes. Back then there was only one traffic light and the police didn't have car radios. 

Offline DEllis

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 01:14:31 am »
Nice bike, I couldn't get that one in my driveway for a lot of the riding season though. Here's a pic of the one I ride........not as shiny as yours eh? Suzuki DR650se.........many smiles per gallon ;D
Darcy :)
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

HatchA

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 01:00:08 pm »
Nice bikes, all of them!!

I've recently fallen in love as well...  I've never owned (or ever really ridden) a bike before, though I used to hang out with guys that did so I'm certainly no "stranger" to them.  Recently I've been thinking about getting a bike and while looking into the options for a first-timer, I've found that the Harley Sportster bikes are legal for a beginner (over 18) to learn on!!!  You can get a bike licence in Ireland at 17 but are limited to 125cc or less.  The Sportster's lower range are 883cc!!!

I'm in love with the Iron 883!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Now all I need is a job so I can afford to get one!!!  hehehe

Here's the killer, though...  Being in Ireland - and all Harleys are imported, plus government taxes...  They start at almost €9,000 - which works out at about $12,900.  They go for about $8,000 in America :(  Some mark-up, eh?

Anyway - something to aim for!!