Author Topic: I finally noticed a change from high humidity.....  (Read 5129 times)

Offline artcher1

Re: I finally noticed a change from high humidity.....
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 09:00:33 am »
You may be crazy Pearly, don't know 'bout that part ;D! But it's not the humidity, it's the heat. Pretty common to lose 3-4 # from your bows when the temps get in the 80's and 90's. Only bow that I've tested that didn't lose any weight during the summer months is Ipe...........Art

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 10:20:52 am »
Okay Artsy, I agree Im crazy regardless of what my issue was! It was close to 100% humidity and about 90-95 degree temps, plain miserable for a northern boy...............
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 10:47:13 am »
I know what you need PD...some Texas wood.  It's used to the heat.. ;D ;D ;D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline artcher1

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 10:49:34 am »
A few more degrees there Pearly and you could have done a little heat straightening if'n you a need to ;D. When it gets that hot, you can can actually feel a slight tiller shift if the bow has a positive tiller. Feels like he upper limb gets just a tad weaker. You notice that? Art

Offline johnston

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 10:50:58 am »
Pearl here in SC it has been 98-102 degrees with above 90% humidity for a week with no change in sight My bows seem to be just fine but my lard ass sure is dragging ;D so maybe I can't tell the difference.

Lane

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 11:38:43 am »
Feel free to send me some of that Texas Gold George! I would be more than happy to give it a try. I didnt feel the tiller change in my bow hand. Just a crappy shooting, loud bow reared its head. The wetaher has calmed down now. I plan on shooting tonite after work and see what happens. I put the bow back in my shop were its dry and cool. It should be close to where it was I hope. I guess I wont be taking that Brazilian rain forest hunt after all!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.