Author Topic: New John Strunk bow  (Read 14069 times)

Offline ohma

Re: New John Strunk bow
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 12:00:39 pm »
i know the kind of friend you speak off ,i to have a friend that i can be around for hours and have very little conversation but at the same time we are comunicating. guess you just have to experience it to understsnd. now you have his memory in a beautifull piece of art that would no dought leave him speechless. good on you.
if your not dead you are getting older so get out and shoot some arrows.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 01:02:35 pm »
That is a fine tribute to your brother - and you could not have picked a better bowyer to help you with it.
Gordon

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »
Thank you for sharing!
Frank from Germany...

Offline Brock

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 03:49:14 pm »
Sorry for loss of your brother...that bow is a fitting memorial to a man such as he.

I have been in Uwharrie Forest many times in NC and love it up there....whether camping, canoeing on Badin Lake, or offroading.  Never hunted up there though....

I also have had a couple strunk bows....gave one up for auction to raise money for Joe Mattingly before he passed from us.....but have another now.  A piece of vine maple laying in my house for 10 years I never got around to trying to turn into a bow.  Sent it to John S. with hopes he could use it for someone else.....I ended up with one of his creations in a month or two later. LOL

God Bless and may you find peace in the plucking of that string and the arc of the arrow.

Offline DEllis

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 04:15:52 pm »
Great bow. My sympathies with the loss of your brother. And prayers for your little one.
Darcy
Darcy Ellis
Fort Fraser BC Canada eh!

Offline Titan_Bow

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 07:07:51 pm »
Thanks guys for all the positive comments and feedback. This bow has really been a therapuetic thing for me, and the perfect tribute to my bro.   I've been shooting it a bit over the last week, and I'm so impressed with how well this bow shoots.   I am going to really baby this thing, but I am taking it on a hunting trip next week for turkeys.
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by

Offline Brock

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:50 pm »
I am hunting with my vine maple Strunk Killamook Spirit for turkeys all this month..well on weekends and the occasional day I take off before season ends.

Good luck in your hunts and may the spirit of your brother keep the limbs on your bow quick, light and your aim true.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 01:15:59 am »
Titan, I am sorry for your loss. The bow is beautiful but even more beautiful are the words you spoke about your brother and the time you spent together. I pray that your daughter  does well. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Keenan

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 05:34:15 am »
Sorry for your loss, Bow looks great and I agree with John being a great guy and awesome bowyer.  You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Offline adb

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 12:47:59 am »
An awesome bow, and touching story to match. This bow will always bring strong memories, and will remain a life-long companion.