Author Topic: glass buttes -cold,cold  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Blacktail

glass buttes -cold,cold
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:20:08 pm »
i hope they are having fun out there in the buttes....it rained yesterday and this morning it was 19 degrees out here....but,i am at home and warm...he he...john

Offline Lemos

Re: glass buttes -cold,cold
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 12:46:46 am »
Is that this week? DAM$%T I was hopeing to go. But then again maybe not if its that cold

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »
Hoping to get over there the 27th and 28th. (Might not be much company then, eh !)  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline rileyconcrete

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 02:24:13 pm »
Just got back late last night.  Man was it cold.  There were not as many knappers as last year.  It snowed on and off for the whole three days, the wind was blowing, and it would blow right through you.  It was fun though got lots of rock and learned some new stuff too.  Take your 4 wheeler if ya go.  It is muddy and some spots still have snow.  Most pits are frozen or have snow drifts in them.

Have fun if you make it out.

Tell
Tell Riley

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:39:52 pm »
O cummon guys it was cold but if you were dressed for the weather it was just fine ;D I got back last night as well.

Tell It was nice meeting you out there and one eye too, Wish we all lived closer so we could get together more and work on bows arrows and other stuff. Thanks for the Juniper staves that was nice of ya to just give those to me. We got allot of rock as well the last night there we actually trippled our rock by going to a few different pits and digging some easy 50 lb rocks, The overloads on the old chevy were doing some work on the way home ;D I learned more in five minutes spent there around the fire knapping than I could have ever learned on my own in a year, I will definately be there next year.

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)