Author Topic: My wife lost her job today  (Read 4638 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: My wife lost her job today
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »
Think of it as governmental spending stimulation for the future.  Schooling a kid for a year costs a couple thousand dollars but holding them later in prison runs about $25,000.  Puts more $$$ in circulation, right?

*grrrrr*
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline predatorcaller

• life is short-enjoy it
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 10:58:02 pm »
Same here,My wife lost her job(executive at insurance company)about 6 months ago.I,m a self employed construction and remodeling guy and work has been slow.This past week has been good with signing a few jobs but still slow nonetheless.Trudge forward-were still on our feet and breathing so that works for us.Have a great day!Lloyd

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 02:03:42 pm »
JW thank you.  You are right.  It’s good days and bad days.  Yes I am.. I appreciate that much.

Stickbender you are right.. “I can handle the truth”  Amen.  Me too!!  Thank you.

Readfox thank you for the encouragement.  You are certainly right.  It sounds like it could most definitely be worse.  It always can.  We are young.  I think.. I am 40….
Mechslasher, yes it is a worrisome time of year when contracts come up in March.  Texas is an “at will” state.  Not much in worker rights.  Too funny about the administrators. 

Marc St Louis, it would seem so.  Unfortunately it is not the case.  I do believe that all these budget cuts in education will have far more expensive consequences in the long run. 
gstoneberg  you did use the P word.. But yes and the words that comfort me in that conundrum are, ““Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

predatorcaller I am sorry to hear that.  I imagine it has been stressful for you as well, but amen to the still breathing!!!  In fact, it is much more than that for us.  We are blessed beyond what we deserve and for that I am grateful everyday..
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Postman

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »
Sorry to hear that - I teach advanced bio and some other science electives.  We are losing several excellent young teachers in our county this year. The most painful thing is watching people in the community who should know better bash the profession as a whole.  I wish you both the best of luck - hang in there.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA