Author Topic: Possible Trade Bow - Osage  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Lee Slikkers

Possible Trade Bow - Osage
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »
Well here are a couple pics of the Osage stave I've been working on...my new scrapers came in the mail so I chased it down to a ring, with the exception of a few "islands" around some character knots that I'll clean up later.

I need to slap together a caul & a steamer rig and get this stave straightened out a touch and add some reflex.  So those two projects are on the menu for this weekend.

I have 2 other staves roughed out that may become Trade Bows but we'll see how this one come along first.

I also rounded up 2 nice 44" strips of Cherry bark that will end up on one of the bows...here's a pic of that stuff.  I'm actually headed back out to the same Cherry Tree tomorrow if the rain lets up so I can cut a few strips for a fellow PA member...might have to get me some extra strips while I'm there in case I screw these up  ::)

Enjoy~

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Possible Trade Bow - Osage
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:31:39 pm »
Looks like the heat gun or steam pot and cauls are gonna get some good use. Ill be interested to see how she turns out
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 10:45:11 pm »
I agree, might be a bit too much to bite off for a 1st bow build but if it isn't challenging then I'm bored  >:D  Time will tell...

Thanks for looking.

~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:06:54 am »
I wish you luck and keep us updated please

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)