Author Topic: Tiller Comments?  (Read 2079 times)

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
Tiller Comments?
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:02:12 am »
Got this one finished and ready for the finishe. I thinks. Its a BBI Molly 56" t2t and pulls 48# @ 28" working limbs 12.5, levers 10" Fades 1.5" handle 6"  First try at pin nocks 1/8" wide  If y'all think it looks ready Im going to put some arrows through it and then finish. Braced and full draw when I get to that. Thanks for the comments

I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Tiller Comments?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:29:00 am »
I don't like to be to critical,but looks to me like the left limb is bending a little more that the right and all the bending on both limb are 3to4 inches out of the fads,not sure on that type bow but I wouldn't be happy with that tiller,needs more bending toward the fads and also more toward the levers. Just my opinion,I am sure someone with more experence with that type bow will chime in.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline artcher1

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:35 am »
If the right limb is your lower limb(?) then tiller looks correct for a positive tillered bow. Right limb will come round once drawn. Looks like it could be rather fast! I'm sure you're going to be impressed with it's performance. Good shooting.........Art

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:48:11 am »
If that bow was mine, I'd shorten the grip and get more bending near the levers.

Offline half eye

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 03:24:53 pm »
Hey Mark,
      I dont think your draw limb profile is very far off at all, but that extra long grip makes it look odd. If ya dont have any compression problems on the belly of the workin limbs...ya might want to shoot it like it is. But on your next one try makin the grip flat about 4" with 1-1/2" fades on both sides.
      You didn't say but the draw profile looks like your working limbs are parrallel sided with no taper toward the lever fades. So ya get that bend near the handle profile. Also that Ipe dont particularly like that wide and when you tiller to that thin it's hard to get everything dead nuts symetrical....But that "classic" molly profile does make a real quick bow.
rich

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 03:41:02 pm »
I think it is perfect, probably will shoot better and have less tiller problems in the future if you shoot with the right one down, very nice.
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline hillbilly61

• Fly straight and true
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »
Thanks for the comments. I'll incorperate the ideas into the next one. I do agree the handle is a little long and will shorten the next one. ;)

The limbs are bending right out of the handle fades and do bend to almost the levers. I think its the style of bow that makes it look like the working limbs are only bending at the handle. But correct me if I'm wrong. :-\

Rich. The the working limbs are 1 1/8 parralell from fade to fade.  The IPE is 1/8 thick and no sign of any stress.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:46:24 am by hillbilly61 »
I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress;
  My God, in Him I will trust."  Psalm 91:2

Offline half eye

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 12:03:33 am »
Mark,
     If it was me I'd shoot the stuff outta that bow....I believe that you'll find it really fast and ought to be well mannered to boot. That bow will probably be shootin arrows when this old mans long gone.....
rich