Author Topic: New Warbow Blog  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
New Warbow Blog
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:26:37 am »
Hello folks,

I am English warbow enthusiast like many of you here.  I have created this blog to share my experiences in the world of warbows with everyone else.  Please, I look up to many of you on here and I beg for comments, questions, advice and critique.  I wish for this blog to be informative, accurate, and fun for all! Thank you!

http://warbowtrials.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:30:08 am by Dag »

Offline adb

Re: New Warbow Blog
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:33:06 am »
Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing... I'll keep an eye on your blog.

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:53:18 am »
Thanks abd! Means a lot!

Offline Cromm

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:07 pm »
Looking forward to what you have to share.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:12:39 pm »
Hello folks,

I am English warbow enthusiast like many of you here.  I have created this blog to share my experiences in the world of warbows with everyone else.  Please, I look up to many of you on here and I beg for comments, questions, advice and critique.  I wish for this blog to be informative, accurate, and fun for all! Thank you!

http://warbowtrials.blogspot.com/

Where are you from?

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:41:08 pm »
Im from Washington. I attend Central Washington University.

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:17:23 pm »
I like the blog!  I don't know if you've seen his work, or know about the book, but Jack Whyte has a new one out (The Forrest Laird) about William Wallace from the point of view that his story was a factor in forming the myth/concept/story of Robin Hood.  I see you are a follow Medievalist.net.  There's a nice video interview with him in the book section.  Up until that point, I never knew William Wallace was an archer, and his seal even had the image of a bow on it.

http://www.medievalists.net/2010/04/15/interview-with-jack-whyte/

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:39 am »
Hi Dag, nice blog. The cuir boilli (sp) is interesting, I'd been toying with the idea of making a cap of it banded with steel a while back, but there's only so many hours in a day.
The bow in your post looks a bit stiff in the top limb and the grip/arrow pass looks way below centre, dunno if it's an optical illusion or me just being daft.
Anyhow, good stuff, hope you reach your 140 pounds, I'm struggling a bit these days, I can prob still get 90 but my elbows explode at loose :o.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 11:25:50 pm »
Thanks for checking it out everyone  ;D It really means a lot and all the comments help me learn. I apologize there hasn't  been many new posts lately, school is my main priority right now.  I will have a new post out within the next few days though I promise!

Dmass: No, I havent heard of Mr. Whyte or his books but they look darned interesting! I will definitely look it up and read it! I love Medievalists.net, I've learned a lot of things I would have otherwise never heard of or even thought of!

Del: Glad you like the cuir boilli post  :) I know what you mean only so many hours in the day, haha. In the picture the bow was tilted towards the camera a little bit, but I dont think it would be enough to be an illusion. I think you may be correct because after reviewing a video of me shooting that bow I notice some odd things and that limb may be the reason.

Offline bow-toxo

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 01:43:37 pm »
I like the blog!  I don't know if you've seen his work, or know about the book, but Jack Whyte has a new one out (The Forrest Laird) about William Wallace from the point of view that his story was a factor in forming the myth/concept/story of Robin Hood.  I see you are a follow Medievalist.net.  There's a nice video interview with him in the book section.  Up until that point, I never knew William Wallace was an archer, and his seal even had the image of a bow on it.

http://www.medievalists.net/2010/04/15/interview-with-jack-whyte/
  I don't read fiction about the Middle Ages any more as I prefer to get the facts wihhout other people's filler. Wallace was described in English documents as a man "who lived by his bow" and he was leader of a group of forest outlaws. His story is so much more amazing than Robin Hood's but I think the similarities are because they both led a band of forest outlaws under similar conditions. Ther was no shortage of bands of forest outlaws.

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:00:04 pm »
  I don't read fiction about the Middle Ages any more as I prefer to get the facts wihhout other people's filler. Wallace was described in English documents as a man "who lived by his bow" and he was leader of a group of forest outlaws. His story is so much more amazing than Robin Hood's but I think the similarities are because they both led a band of forest outlaws under similar conditions. Ther was no shortage of bands of forest outlaws.

That, and they both had women named Marian, or "Mirren" in Scotland :)

Offline Dag

• Warbow Trials
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 01:14:17 am »
Finally! A new post! My apologies that it took so long.  Hopefully you enjoy it!

http://warbowtrials.blogspot.com/2011/03/making-medieval-arrow-bag-part-2.html

Offline dmassphoto

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 10:59:54 am »
it's a mailto address.   :-[

Offline adb

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:13 am »
just click on the link at the top of the page