Author Topic: Glass: a few follies  (Read 30787 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: Glass: a few follies
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 09:07:24 pm »
David, I think I thought I knew what you meant...just bustin your rocks pal.... ;)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

DCM

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 10:33:25 pm »
I figured we was square either way Ryan.  You making an ABC bow?

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 11:01:53 pm »
Maybe, if I get some time. Im working at the archery club every free second I have right now to get ready for our Traditional shoot on memorial day weekend...
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

DCM

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 11:13:16 pm »
I pulled mine out of tiller tonight.  It ain't as easy as it looks.  LOL  If I can't salvage this one I probably won't start another.  Good luck on your shoot. 

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 06:15:46 am »
Jawge I am a little hard headed my self and I ant Greek,I'm a Baggett and they say we are all like that. ;D David LBL is Land between the Lakes a bunch of us meet down there for the week after Christmas for a Trad/Primitive hunt.We have been doing it for 4 years now .Have a bunch come in fro N.Y. and Mic. and Nashville and several of the TwinOaks guys.I think there was 17 of us last year.By the way I have built some short bottom limb bows just not intentionally,needed to cut it down because of a problem,if fact I think I have made some with a shorter upper limb,they all shoot OK. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

DCM

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2007, 09:45:41 am »
True Pappy.

Anybody who has ever built anything or done anything physical or practical knows there's always gaping void between theory and practice.  I've said many times internet discussions reveal more about the nature of men than the nature of wood bowyery, or whatever topic.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 10:28:17 am »
Pappy, the Greeks are just plain, tough people- at least the stock I came from. I don't know what happened to me. LOL. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 10:34:50 am »
They sent the Ottomans packing in the 17th century and delayed Hitler enough so that the Russians outlasted him in WW2. The length of time they delayed the Germans is amazing. Amazed the Germans too who had nothing but great respect for their adversaries. We owe the Greeks and Balkan area in general a debt of gratitude. Thank God for their stubborn, tough streak. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!