Author Topic: very wierd night  (Read 2828 times)

Offline recurve shooter

very wierd night
« on: January 23, 2011, 04:04:06 am »
ok so up the road a good little piece there is a 3315 acre wma called sandy hollow. a while back me and my friend went out there and made a hunt and camped ther on one of the little camp grounds. the camp ground is just a field where you are allowed to pitch camp. it was a rainy cold night, and we had our bedding up under an old tin roofed pavilion to stay dry, and around midnight i finally got to sleep. ok now, there is no body els on the camp ground, you arnt allowed to be in the woods after dark, the only little road into the campground passes right by our heads and shines lights right in our faces, there is NOBODY there but us. atleast there shouldnt have been. a little after i finally fell asleep my buddie elbows me awake. "LISTEN"  he hisses. there is a little yipping close, like fifteen yards from our little camp, running back and forth, but no sound on the leaves. so i yanked my pistol out of the blankets and rolled over and looked out into the field hoping to get to smoke a currious pack of yotes. but i couldnt see anything, couldnt hear it running. after a few secconds down in the edge of a burned out pine thicked a deep strong mans voice bellows "hey!" like he's hollering at the dog. the barking stopps and there aing another sound, so i rolled over and went back to sleep. just a guy calling back his little lap dog right? about a half hour later i was awake again, layin there wondering how someone els had got ther and set up camp without us knowing, when my buddie starts talking about how he dreamed there was this huge figure of a man just standing over us watching us. needless to say i now have the chills and am getting a little concerned. so we got up and took a walk to look around. sure enough, no body there. no other campers, the last one left at dark. nearest house is about 5oo yards off in the opposite direction through the woods, no tracks, no dog tracks, no more sound, nothing, NOBODY IS THERE OR HAD BEEN SENCE DARK. soo either someone was back there up to some sort of mischief cuz you aint supposed to be there at midnight on a cold rainy night with a stinkin lap dog, or there was actually...nobody there. we will never know, and we will also never be camping there alone again. wat do yall think? we just panzies or you think something wierd may have been up in those woods that night?
lets just shoot it

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: very weird night
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:32:16 am »
Lived in an old farm house with a poltergeist about 40 years ago. At first it creeps you out but after a while you think" I sure wish it would pull the pots and pans out of the kitchen cabinets and throw them across the floor during the day instead of at 3 am."  After several years of windows opening and slamming shut by themselves and things being thrown about, I asked the poltergeist if we could live in the house together as friends without all the drama, never heard another sound in the middle of the night.

Offline sonny

Re: very wierd night
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:26:20 am »
coulda been someone coon hunting.
regs here state that you can coon hunt until some crazy hour in the morning.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:50 pm »
I've heard things that weren't there more than a few times. A few times we've heard whole conversations our neighbors (some quarter mile off) were having outside because the wind carried the whole thing through the vally. If you can't find any tracks then I wouldn't think too much of it.

That being said I'm worried about how quickly you went for a pistol. No point trusting folks but using a gun at night like that just because you're a little spooked sounds like a recipe for distaster :-\

Offline deiselbrown

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 08:12:58 am »
I would say a coon hunter. They could have parked a ways off and just ended up there looking for their dog.

Offline CherokeeKC

• PM108323
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 12:54:25 pm »
Kegan just because he grabbed the gun doesnt mean he was gonna use it without identifying what was out there or until he felt his life was threatened.  Theres no harm in being ready.
I would much rather have a gun and not have to use it than not have a gun and wish I did.
Aim Small...Hit Small

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »
the only reason i grabbed it is because of the way my front sight is kinda hooked back, its a pain to get out of the blankets CZ it keeps hooking on them. and the swing bar safety on it was up and it wasn't cocked.

yeah coon hunter was what i thought to, but the barking was like a lap dog or a terrier, kinda sharp and short yips, not any kinda hound.  ??? oh well maby I'm just paranoid.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 01:08:10 pm by recurve shooter »
lets just shoot it

Offline Kegan

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 05:56:39 pm »
It still makes me uneasy. That could have gone very badly :-\.

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 10:35:46 pm »
Good story !  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 12:57:24 am »
It still makes me uneasy. That could have gone very badly :-\.

yeah i get your point man. your right.
lets just shoot it