Author Topic: built a few..  (Read 4966 times)

Offline aero86

Re: built a few..
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 01:12:05 am »
you know george, ive got  right now, that just dont match, ive been thinking of trading for something, but i might give them to you to try!
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 01:31:35 am »
That was some pretty shameless begging, sorry.  You know I'm working on some arrows of my own so I don't have any excuse.  I turned a piece of osage down to a 3/16" dowel tonight to reinforce the nock on one.  I think there's a better (less labor intensive) way to reinforce them that I'll try on the next one.

On the other hand, if the gentleman with the osage fence posts east of you calls me I'm thinking some osage staves are in your future.  Then I wouldn't feel so guilty taking a couple arrows.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline aero86

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 09:18:24 am »
dont worry about it george!  ive given arrows away in the past, i enjoy doing.  just have to catch me in the mood for it
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 02:45:41 pm »
 Those came out real nice. If that's the boo I sent it isn't Tonkin. It is Jap arrow Boo. George, if you wrap below the nock there is really no reason to plug it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 03:04:45 pm »
OK thanks.  There sure are a lot of ways to skin this arrow cat. :D

George
St Paul, TX

Offline aero86

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:42 pm »
this stuff is something else mullet.  that stuff i got from you ended up being too heavy for me personally, but i can use it for other arrows.  ill probably make longer, fishing type arrows with it.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 09:44:21 pm »
Nice arrows,,,Aero. ;) God bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »
 The ones I sent should spine out around 55-60 if left 31" -32". I have a bunch that size and length, thanks to Art B.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?