Author Topic: Double down on Last day!!2 generations 2 deer(lead poisoned)  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Thwackaddict

Double down on Last day!!2 generations 2 deer(lead poisoned)
« on: November 30, 2010, 01:07:20 am »
Me and my Nephew Parker both got deer on the last day of our rifle season.Been a tough season and it all came together on the last day.Seen this buck 10 a.m. and couldnt get a shot for the brush so me an parker headed out the ridge to try and cut him off and call him off the ridge.Enroute we got interupted by 4 does and all thoughts of the big boy went out the window as i grabbed his 20 gauge and handed him th .270.He got on one and made a phenomenal shot 90yds thru some pretty thick woods and dropped her in her tracks!2 ran down the hill and one went up and i couldnt get the gun to cycle a round to pop one with him.we started towards his deer and the upper came barrelin off the ridge and stopped at 150 yds and i shot.Hit a limb and dead centered a tree 2ft above her.So we go get his deer and he looks at me high fives and excitedly says" uncle randy i dropped her in her tracks,man this is an amazing world!!" PRICELESS!!!!So we get her gutted and off the ridge and that evenin were back.Me and my cuz brian head high and split up where i last saw the big un and shortly after brians radios me to tell me he found a nice left side shed of an 8pt.I climb up in the fork of a tree 50yds from where parkers deer dropped in hopes of gettin a doe and 1hr after brian found shed,i hear a deer coming.I grab gun with my left hand(I'm right handed) and as I'm turnin i see deer comin towards me,as I'm bringin gun around 30yds out i see deer behind a laurel and as its comin under the laurel horns start materializing so i shoulder it left handed and as he clears laurel he stops and looks by me!He looked like an elk standin there,i was expecting a doe!!Bammm,he hits the ground and i bout fell out the durned tree.Evidently he bedded shortly after i lost him that mornin and either brian bumped him or he smelled my golden estrous and heard my can.Walked right into my Lap.Brian gets down there and hes holdin a left side i dentical to the one i got in my Hands.How cool is that?A very very exciting day in the woods and jus goes to show,ya dont ever know when the one will pop out and make your day!!!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline sailordad

Re: Double down on Last day!!2 generations 2 deer(lead poisoned)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 01:25:58 am »
nice story
congrats to both of you on your success

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:26 am »
Thanks Tim!

Southwest,VA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 05:50:42 am »
Nice pair,Congrats. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 07:46:02 am »
Thanks Pappy!

Southwest,VA

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 07:58:31 am »
Very nice Deer! I was putting on drives for my nephew after I got my buck yesterday and he also killed his first buck. It was a spike but he was very proud of it!
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline BearG

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:17:23 am »
Cool !!!!
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 10:29:18 am »
Ryano congrats to you and ur nephew.Nuthin like seein them youngsters face after they get one on the ground,Thought i was gonna have to tie parkers feet to the ground.Walkin round with that lil head all swelled up! ;DHe wanted to drag her by  himself so when i got her to level ground he dragged her 200yds byhimself.He looked at me and said"i can do anything if i try!Cant I!" I said you sure can buddy!!Luv it luv it!cant get enuf!!

Thanks bearg

Southwest,VA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:31:18 pm »
Now that's how to Thwack one. Nice mess of deer. Congrate to all!   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 04:06:21 pm »
Thanks Pat!The old remington did double duty!!great gun!

Southwest,VA