Author Topic: about some books..  (Read 2349 times)

Offline aero86

about some books..
« on: November 16, 2010, 11:56:16 pm »
kinda silly to ask this question, but this is the proper forum for this!  lol. 

ok, so im a reader.  sometimes i keep books thinking im going to read them again.  it never happens. 

but, about 12 years ago, i got a book from my local bookstore..  bows and arrows of the native americans( i think is the title, i have to look) by jim hamm.  and well, it all went down hill from there.  then i bought TBB 1 2 and 3.  i just recently bought 4.   there is such a wealth of knowledge in them, that it seems a waste for them to be sitting on a shelf in a closet.  ive seen posts about people asking about them, and i really dont use mine.  im torn though, i do like to keep a good book for just in case.  but am i being selfish when this knowledge would be put to better use else were?  maybe another book lover can understand what im thinking?  or maybe im just crazy having trouble deciding if im gonna get rid of something or not!  lol
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: about some books..
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:08:22 am »
They are all good bow building books( I have these and lots of others  ;D ) and would make great trade items. Why not post this on the Tradeing Post.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:24:48 am »
thats what im thinking about.  im going through a lot of my stuff, cleansing if you will... trying to decided if the holy grails of bow building(lol), should be gotten rid of..
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:37 am »
I hope someday to get to a skill level where I no longer use my TBB's as a reference but until then mine will stay with me ;D
Nate Danforth

Offline Parnell

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:25:27 pm »
I like to sort out stuff that I don't ever use.  Better that someone else does.  I actually feel good unloading stuff every so often.  Would that I could only get my lovely wife to take on the same logic.  Ugh.
Those books I use.  Frequently.  I can re-read them over and over and refer to them all the time.  Got The Encyclopedia of Native American Bows and Arrows on the Christmas request list.
1’—>1’

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 02:48:02 pm »
I used to just get them from the library when I needed to use them but someone stole them and I ended up buying 1 and 4. Someone just stole 2 from the library a few months ago so it looks like I need to order that one now also. That's an idea though if you are interested in having access to them if you need them is to ask your local library if they will take them and keep them there so others can use them but if you want them go get em. Unless of course it's like the library here and someone gets sticky fingers.

I go through this all the time when I have a book on my shelf I haven't picked up in a few years but it's such a good book I hate to get rid of it, so I know what you mean.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero