Author Topic: not much primitive about this one, except my desire  (Read 11160 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: not much primitive about this one, except my desire
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 03:02:43 pm »
I have a preference for Euro mounts, so I applaud your decision to make "head soup".

Nice fat doe, she looks pretty bloody tastey.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 04:15:54 pm »
 One of the biologist I work with bought a bunch of those flesh eating beetles. Now those things will make a clean European mount in a week. The next turkey I shoot is going to the bugs. I'm going to try and make a full bird skeleton mount.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 05:14:01 pm »
Eddie be careful with them....Dermistidae Beetles don't care what their next meal is...if they get loose they will infest your Trophy Mounts....Fur Coats...anything with a hide...the Taxidermist that I use accidentally didn't get the Lid on His Beetles...and He lost three finished Mounts...one Elk...and two Mule Deer...needles to say the Clients were not too happy or understanding of His situation.... Dermestid beetles don't just eat flesh.... they also destroy things made of wool... silk.... fur.... or feathers.... as well as any other natural fiber are all endangered by dermestid beetles.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2010, 02:20:29 pm »
Ditto to what El D says.  Very few taxidermists will mess with dermestid beetles because they can get loose pretty easily.  And you won't know they are at work until it is FAR too late.  Sneaky bug-gers.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.