Author Topic: 2 deer in freezer  (Read 2765 times)

kinkfeather

2 deer in freezer
« on: October 23, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »
last night about 6:30 killed my second deer.shot out of my pop up blind with my crossbow.deer went about 50 yds big doe.i went to my garage to hang deer tripped an tryed to catch against a concrete block with my arm an went drown.i had dislocated my shoulder tore muscles .went to the hospital for 4 hrs.the pain was so bad that 3 shots of morphine would not stop the pain so they put me to sleep an relined my arm an shoulder.put me in a brace for 15 days an then back to a doctor for therapy an then maybe surgery.my hunting is over for this year an bow making.the lesson from this mess is slow down.kink

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: 2 deer in freezer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 10:06:24 pm »
Hey Kinks, sounds like it is time to hang up the crossbow and pick up the skillet!  Hope the shoulder recovers quickly.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 10:26:03 pm »
 Congratulations on the deer! Sounds like the shoulder sucked. Who cleaned the deer?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

kinkfeather

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:49:55 am »
i cleaned the deer before my accident.when i got ready to hang up the deer is when it happened.one of my friends carrie heitt came an cut up my meat.nice to have friends.i would do the same for him an he knows i would.life is subject to change at any moment.the way we accept those changes is the way we survive in life.i am sad that i can not hunt.this time of the year is very important to me.being in the woods.maybe i can take pictures or just go sleep in my blind at least i will be in the woods.my right shoulder is swollen real bad pain comes an goes.my mind will always be hunting.have a good hunting season be careful an slow down.kink

Offline Thwackaddict

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 01:23:46 am »
Way to go on the deer and hope the shoulder heals soon.Maybe you can get in a bit on late season?? Take care of that shoulder!!
Hello everyone.My name is Randy and I am addicted to THWACK!!

Southwest,VA

Offline Parnell

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 12:01:21 pm »
Sorry to hear that.  Best wishes for a good recovery.
1’—>1’