Author Topic: Bow named K75 / Belly lamed infantry bow (not for bom)  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Bow named K75 / Belly lamed infantry bow (not for bom)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 11:58:26 am »
That's a super interesting bow, Rich!  I bet it shoots beautifully.  Took me awhile to figure out what was going on, but I got it.  A very interesting design.  How thick was your core, .5"?  How wide was your diamond?  Thanks for posting this one, it's different and looks VERY functional.
1’—>1’

Offline half eye

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 02:08:43 pm »
Thanks Parnell The core is 3/8" , and all the other lam's are 1/8" (thats the dimensions after some light sanding). Have only built the one but I believe that by using 1/8" you can place as many as ya want to tweek the bend profile however ya might want it. Like maybe a 48" followed by a 24" will bend different than a 36" followed by a 24".....anyway that's my take on it after only one.

the fat part of the diamonds are 1-3/4 wide and taper to 1-1/8" wide at the center of the bow (no grip area per-sey) the diamonds taper to 1/2" tips both tapers are in a straight line. The bends in the limbs (recurve) is 15" from @ tip. The first belly lam occures at 17 inches from the tip. Hope that helps some.
rich

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 05:19:33 pm »
Another nice bow Rich, and as usual another original bow, thats what I like, you aint copying nobody, looks pretty fast
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:37 pm »
Very interesting Rich...I like it.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline John K

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 09:58:58 pm »
Way cool ! Going to have to try one sometime, thanks for posting !
The only way to fail is to never start !