Author Topic: Any Dove hunter here?  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Any Dove hunter here?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 04:16:15 pm »
  Justin, the shoots just ended a couple of weeks agao, I did not attend this year but plan on next year.
I don't have much to trade for feathers but would happily pay a little bit for some wings.
My address is   Steve Gardner
                    17220 delia ave
                     Torrance Ca 90504

I would be happy to do a buildalong, I make them all by hand so they are all a bit different. Arrows have always been one of my weak links in flight shooting because I always wait till the last minute and rush making them. This year I want to make a stack of them, take them all out and shoot them before the match and see which ones fly the best. Not uncommon to see 100 yards difference in shots taken with different arrows. They play a huge part in success out there.  I have actually seen arrows take off go straight up and then loop back toward the shooter LOL. I have a vidio where I told my son to fucus the camera on the shooters bow had, just by chance the arrow broke and went through the shooters hand and I got it close up all on film. These little skinny arrows can be dangerous if the grain runs off. Steve

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 06:36:34 pm »
I thought the shoot was always a little closer to the middle or end of September, it always interfered with our archery elk hunt. Do you want the whole wing?
I have a few arrows that Dewayne Smith gave me a few years back. Little tiny buggers for sure. His fletchings were a little larger than you describe though.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Badger

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 07:10:20 pm »
Justin, you may want to try those arrows out some day, I would hold on to them just in case. However if you see no need for them sure I would like them. Steve