Author Topic: about jay massey  (Read 7651 times)

Offline Blacktail

about jay massey
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »
does any one know if there is any footage (dvd)with jay in it...maybe some hunting...thanks john

Offline sonny

Re: about jay massey
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 12:36:06 pm »
don't know about hunting footage
but I have one of his books that I'll lend to you
if you'd like to read it.
it's called "Bowhunting Alaska's Wild Rivers" and I read it
all the way through while in my tent during a rainy archery
shoot that I went to several years ago.

send me a PM if interested.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »
Contact Ted Fry at Raptor Archery. He and Jay used to hunt together and he might know of a DVD with Jay in it. I have two of Jay's books, " Primitive Archery" and "The Bowyers Craft" both autographed to me so I'm leery of loaning them out.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:07:49 am »
thanks for the info sonny and pat...sonny,thanks for the offer but i will pass..those books are getting rare and spendy..john

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:42:59 am »
Ted is in Hood River. Nice guy with lots of archery history!  Great story in an early PA magazine about Ted and another guy and a successful wood bow moose hunt on the Moose John River.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Traxx

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 02:23:09 pm »
That other guy,was most likely Dick Hamilton.Dick has a piece of archery history as well.It was Dick,who actually Stirred the Interest in Jay to go Primitive.Jay was intrigued,that Dick stayed with the Straight limbed hill style bow, and wood arrows,when all others had gone to the latest greatest recurves of the day and modern high tech arrows.Jay then started on his Regression in archery,or at least thats how most saw it anyway.LOLAnother interesting point,that is little known.Even though Dick is a Die hard Longbow shooter,he is credited by many as the original designer of the Modern compound.Allen may have had the patent,but many say Dick,was the man who drew up the first plans and prints,that anyone had ever seen of a modern C bow.Talk is,that Jay credits Dick as being the toughest SOB he ever hunted with.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:08:03 pm »
 That's neat information, Mr Traxx, I never new that. Thanks ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?