Author Topic: Project for the Sons of the American Legion  (Read 2432 times)

Offline NTD

Project for the Sons of the American Legion
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:10:40 pm »
My Father is the State Commander for the Maine Detachment of the Sons of the American Legion.  Every year officers have to choose a project.  My Father has chosen helping homeless Vets for several years now.  He is coordinating the building of a Homeless shelter in Maine.

I'd like to help my dad's project to raise money and figured I could make a bow that he could raffle off.  I'm posting this here to ask if anyone may be interested in helping with this.  I'd like to make the bow but I thought it might be nice for a quiver and maybe a set of arrows to go with it.  I'm no leathersmith or basket weaver and my arrows aren't too pretty.  If you are interested in helping out let me know.  I'd like to have it ready by October.
Nate Danforth

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Project for the Sons of the American Legion
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:30:15 pm »
I been thinking of making some of those Eastern style two fletch arrows, you thinking something like that?

I hate making arrows, so when I make arrows, it's for a good reason.  Like this.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline aero86

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:20 pm »
i could make a few target arrows out of bamboo. ive got a bunch of shafts spine out that would probably work for whatever youd need.
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline NTD

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 09:58:08 pm »
JW and Aero,

Both of those would be much appreciated.  I'm thinking of building the bow to draw 40-45lbs @ 28"  So arrows spined accordingly would be great.  Mid to late october is my goal.  If anyone who is interested in participating but would like more time, let me know.  I can work on extending it. 
Nate Danforth