Author Topic: Hair on deer skin quiver  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Cromm

Hair on deer skin quiver
« on: July 09, 2010, 08:13:52 am »
Hi,
Not sure where to post this so lets try here;
I have been given a skin that has been used, so the shape is a bit here and there. I like plains Indian style quivers which I have made before and use, but I want a quiver that will hold abit more arrows and my fold down bow.
I can get it out of this skin but it will be backwards....Meaning when I make them if you were looking at the deer I would be pulling the arrows out of it 's head/neck area, where if I use this skin I will be pulling the arrows from the butt end... But the hairs will be laying the wrong way in my mind, but does that matter??
If that makes sense to you, well done and thanks for your help.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Hair on deer skin quiver
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:27 am »
well i am not sure if there has to be a certain way the hair faces i would just make it and try it out you can always rip the seams out if it doesnt work
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:54:49 am »
It would work this way...but it's going to be a picky sum-biotch....with the Hair facing upoward and not down...and it will snag and drag on everything that comes in contact with it.....any way to lay it out where the Hair is facing the Ground when the Quiver is Horizontal? Thats the way I like to do them....Hair laying widthwise...not lengthwise...but then you are limited to either the Shoulders...or the Rump for enough width for a Plains Quiver
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:27:03 pm »
you can always put the bottm half split leather and the outsid half hair  and use the scraps for accents
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »
When I did mine I put the hair on the inside with a fold back collar at the neck I could fold over the fletching in bad weather.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?