Author Topic: I thought of you...Wolf Watcher  (Read 4833 times)

Offline FlintWalker

I thought of you...Wolf Watcher
« on: May 23, 2010, 11:28:40 pm »
While I was finishing off supper tonight ;D
 I told Cowboy I wasn't leaving until I got 5. I did...barely ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 11:37:58 pm by Saw Filer »
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: I thought of you...Wolf Watcher
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:20:23 am »
Hey Shannon, you forgot the baked taters and garlic bread! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:23:50 am »
I had Ramen noodles with them. Wasn't as fancy as Hillbilly's, but good anyway.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:00:36 am »
Can you make a frog call with those leg bones like with turkeys?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:05:19 am »
Can you make a frog call with those leg bones like with turkeys?
I bet Eddie Parker could ;D
 I killed a big blue one yesterday. I kinda wish I hadn't, but it sure tasted good.  I done a little research and it turns out that a blue bullfrog is the same as the rest. It's just lacking the yellow pigment it's skin. They look cool.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:59:12 am »
I figured you'd get your five Shannon - bugs or no bugs ;D. Man them things do look tasty! When I scrolled down to the pile of bones I bout blew coffee outa my nose :D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 12:44:07 pm »
What did you smoke them with, a .22?
We can only use .22 with birdshot here in Indiana. They suck shooting out of a rifle, but are awesome out of a pistol.
Joe
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »
Shannon:  Thanks for thinking of me, especially when you were eating all those frog legs.  The picture of the bones was classic!  Pokie
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline aero86

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:19:18 pm »
wow, those are bigs frogs.  those the legs you got there?  ive never had frog legs before
profsaffel  "clogs like the devil" I always figured Lucifer to be more of a disco kind of guy.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:57:35 pm »
The whole frog is good if the are big enough.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 10:04:34 pm »
Man I wish we had frogs beside in the golf course ponds.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 10:06:53 pm »
They ain't off limits ::)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 11:06:43 pm »
They ain't off limits ::)
The pond with the most bulls is right in front of the clubhouse. The bunnies on the back 9 are easier to get.  ;) I think I will order a 22 cal air gun.  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline stickbender

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 12:58:57 am »

My original pond on my property, in Montana, is loaded with frogs.  The neighbors who live across the road, about a couple hundred yards, can hear them.  His wife said one night, she heard them, asked her husband what the heck was that noise, and he told her it was the frogs in my pond.  I told him, if they get too loud, fix dinner with them. ;)  But they are loud, and they are not too far from the house.  My Cousin's in Billings Mt. Daughter, is getting married, in August, and she and her husband are coming out to my place for their honey moon.  I don't think they plan on sleeping anyway. ::)  I just wonder how my friends are going to react to them, when they come out.  As most of them will come out in the summer, when they are all tuned up, and blaring away.   ;D I guess they will have to sleep in the day time.  Never seen a blue frog.  I don't know if I would kill it.  I might catch it, and look it over.    We used to wade the drainage canals, and walk along the edges of the bigger canals, and gig them, when I was a kid.  Used to get them down in the Big Cypress, where we had a cabin.  Used to be a couple of Saw Grass ponds, around the cabin.  When I was a kid, I would go out, with a light, and catch a bunch.  Quite tasty.  I have caught them, in the day time, with a trout fly, on a cane pole. 8)

Wayne

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 05:13:47 pm »
Those look good, Shannon. That would be an appetizer for Cody-that boy can put away some frog legs, beats all I've ever seen.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.